Become a CAPPA Postpartum Doula!
Ready to become proficient when offering professional postpartum support? Take the first step towards becoming a Certified Postpartum Doula with CAPPA.
This 18-hour workshop meets the first requirement of your CPD program (traditional) and prepares you to work through the steps for certification. This workshop is held over 2 days, the times are from 8:30am - 6:30pm each day. CAPPA requires a set number of workshop hours to complete this training.
There are several other requirements, that will be discussed in class (you can also go to http://www.cappa.net/postpartum-doula for a full list of certification requirements).
Your investment for this training is $450.00 and includes your CAPPA manual and handouts.
This unique opportunity will give you the education and skills necessary to support families through the transition to parenthood. Just some of the things you will learn include:
- Scope of Practice for Postpartum Doula
- Informed consent
- Interventions impact on the postpartum period
- Supporting parents in the immediate postpartum period
- Breastfeeding support
- Bottle feeding support and care
- Baby care techniques
- Calming and soothing techniques
- Postpartum Mood Disorders and support available
- SIDS/Back to Sleep Campaign
- Grief/Loss Support
- Incorporating family members into the care of the newborn
- Listening and communication skills
- Record keeping and contracts
- Creating and marketing your business
- Networking solutions
- Much, much more!!!
Those just beginning their doula career as well as those seeking to enrich their existing doula practice can benefit from this workshop.
If you want to find out more about the CAPPA Postpartum Doula certification process, please see the Postpartum Doula section on the CAPPA website, you'll find more information on certification, membership, and all the benefits of being a CAPPA postpartum doula!
CAPPA is the largest childbirth organization in the world, and hosts free conferences every year. They are an accredited internationally known organization.
My favorite thing about CAPPA - They have the best customer support I've ever experienced, and they truly support their members!